Thursday, March 29, 2012

Back To The Life

Over a year of not updating. Whoops! Maybe one of these days I'll have time to do a "This is what happened during that time" post, but for now I think I'll jump right into what's currently going on in my life.

A few months back I started working for KLRU here in Austin managing the volunteers that they use to help run the Austin City Limits TV tapings at ACL Live at The Moody Theater. It's been really fun to get to know a whole different group of folks and add another skill set to my repertoire. The artists we film aren't bad either...we've taped The Civil Wars, Radiohead (!), Alabama Shakes, and The Shins so far. Our next taping is Bon Iver at the end of April.

SXSW this year was a much different experience for me than SXs of the past. Since I wasn't working on anything for myself, I decided to reach out to friends and help out with their parties/street teams! I had a great time helping out at the Fast Company Grill, The Hard Rock Hotel, timeRAZOR, and Under The Radar mag. Our staff party for Austin City Limits was pretty excellent as well. An amazing set from Trampled By Turtles turned into an acoustic performance from the band when a transformer on the block blew out. Their set was followed up by my favorite moment of the day: Ben Kweller pulling the band back up on stage to back him during a collective cover of Neil Young's "Heart of Gold" and a number of Ben's other songs. Both bands were great and took the power outage in stride, moving into the middle of the crowd to be heard better.

A few other bands I got to see during SXSW 2012:
-Wallpaper.
-Hands
-Motopony

In other news, I'm back on the job hunt. The ACL thing is FANTASTIC, but it's only a part time gig, so I'm currently looking for something full time to fill my time during the day. If anyone out there knows of any Austin based companies looking for someone with live event production and project management experience, send them my way! I've included some links below.

Twitter
LinkedIn
Last.Fm (Just in case someone wants to check out what artists I'm listening to :] )

No comments:

Post a Comment